Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Rocky Mountain National Park

These are some pics from my drive up to Rocky Mountain National Park this weekend. Estes Park which is at the entrance to the park is a Rocky Mountain Shangri-La. I can't believe it took me 6 years to tak ehte time to drive up there. The leaves on teh trees had already begun to fall but there were still some brilliant colors on the hill side. Below is a shot of a Pasture where we found at least 200 elk watering and bugeling (sp?). You mau be able to pic out some of the elk near the water. It reminded me of a trip my mother and I took up to Jackson, WY last year about this time.
The below shot is take from Trail Rigdge Road just past Rainbow Corner which is usually the ternimus of th eroad for the winter season. This shot was taken facing south. It is hard to put this in perspective, but if you can imagine the trees below being a 200 foot tall stand of lodgepole pines, maybe that will help. Its very scenic up there to say the least. Funny thing is that it is less than 2 hours from Denver nestled in a nook of the Front Range, just north of Denver.


Weather partly cloudy, high clouds, about 50 at the top with a stiff breeze that makes you eyes water. But is you get out hte wind it is so comfortable. I guess fall has set in and winter is fast approaching. One of the things I have noticed since I am now in Denver more that I have been over the past 3 years is that the (jeez i have been living in Denver for 6 years now, whoa) is that is more moist here that I thought. Maybe thats because I have spent majority of that travel time on the western slope which tends to be drier, more harsh.

I hope this finds everyone ok, happy, content and blest with some health. I am getting over a chest cold... Just not very good at being sick. But hopefully this will leave be invicable ove the winter. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures are great. They do remind me of our trip to WY last year. It was sooo much fun for me. Hope you are feeling better. Miss you.

Love, Mom

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home