Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween week...

This is always a strange week of the year for me, at least the last 4 years have been... I just have a much different game plan or approach to Halloween relative to past years. There, but for the grace of god, go I.

This has been an eventful week full of ups and downs. Avs game was good, high scoring but no good hockey fight action, still a good game. Tuesday I had a bout of insomnia that in hindsight I think was a result of late night coffee and icecream and stress related to emotions, academics and extracurriculars. Really kind of scary because I don't like long nights like I did in my undergrad years. Wednesday I had the pleasure of sharing my story with some gentlemen at a half way house. They were too nice to have me and very appreciative. I had heard of this house for a long time, but had never made time to visit... so it was awesome to put a visual to a place I have heard so much good about. Friday I made some time to visit campus in the evening to celebrate with the Muslim Student Association the end of Ramadan and have a Eid Dinner. They had a academic speaker that I think failed to recognize his audience (one of the most diverse and educated rooms in US at that moment I am sure) hence his talk was a little off target. Still the food was great. We had an asortment of meats, falafil, humus, pita bread and wonderful company. Saturday, Ben and Leslie had their 4th annual Halloween party and it was great to see the children all dressed up in there outfits. The childless adults used it as a warm up to some bar hopping but I wasn't really in the mood for that so I called it an evening by 9:30. That evening I got some great rest only to wake up with a spare hour.

Today I went to hang with the folks in the O&G industry before the Broncos game. Halliburton sponsored and held its annual tail gate event at Mile High Station and served up some awesome elk, pheasant and etoufe. And finally, here I sit typing. Off to bed for me, thanks for checking in.

Best,
Joe

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderfully diverse life. All because of things like speaking at the halfway house. That is how it has worked for me these last years. I am looking forward to sitting down with you and Dad at a meeting or two. Spiritual experience. God is great. Love reading your blog. Much love from your aunt.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home