Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Friday, December 29, 2006

Frozen Water, Rubber and Administrative Tasks

Ahhh... the sounds of rubber spinning in a shell of frozen water (zeeeeeeeee). Complimented by engines and scraping of metal on ice and road.

So I was in Chicago Wednesday night, saw the snowstorm headed to Denver and figured I better not wait till my Thursday night flight to if it got cancelled. It was rhetorical at that point, if the weather man was right (which is an enigma in Denver), I knew the answer. That meant being at the airport as early as possible to get on the standby list. For Andrew that meant a riding with me to O'Hare at 4am, probably a little buzzed still and half asleep, seeing as we were out Wednesday night till 2:30am. I was able to hop the first flight out though and really owe you one Andrew. Andrew and I got some great pics of the folks we were are to run into... hopefully those will be posted soon. Pics of Tim Walters, Kara Feemster, Kevin Shannon, Brant Steiner, Thor. We also went to the top of the Hancock Building for a great evening view of Chicago from 96 floors up. Brant is married and has a child on the way. Kevin is in Law School in Cleveland, Timmy is getting married in June or July and hoping to do a bachelor event in Vegas. Kara is loving Chicago doing some travel for work (Denver in Feb...see you again then).

So like maybe you like heard, it is like kinda like snowing here a bit sorta. Yeah soooooo... here are some pics.

This is the alley behind my house (note the "Sweet" rut on the left: Joe 1, Rut 0) This is the entrance to my new place in Golden. It is a carriage house and in an awesome, i mean awesome location. Right near Golden's municpal ammenities, library, creek path, athletic fields, rec center and
My car with some snow on top.
Looking east into Downtown Golden this morning.


So far Golden has gotten over 20 inches so far, most of it between 6-2 last night. There actually was lighting and thunder with the snow last night. I have had the pleasure of working out my lower back shoveling snow. I actually got stuck in a rut in the alley by my house within 30 seconds of driving up to my place yesterday. It only took me like 30 flipping minutes to dig out, arrrgh. The side streets are completely rutted from the snow storm last week and 2-4 inche black ice is all over the place from the freeze thaw temps since the last storm. This should be interesting to see how long it takes to get back to status quo. Governor has declared another state of emergeancy and Douglas County was just declared a disaster area. It seems like there is a ton of trash on the Denver streets, bagged but not picked up. Like mountains of it on some corners...

It is still snowing, lightly though. Local Forecasters are saying this is a lull that should pick up again this afternoon/evening and result in another 5-15 inches before end of day tomorrow. That sentance just makes me smirk.

This weather forced limitation on activities has been nice so far for me... I have been taking care of a lot of administrative things I have put offer for sometime now... unpacking, updating, cleaning, sorting, surfing... I say let it snow another 30 inches, I could use another 2 days of just chillin.

Note to self: buy 2 gallons of washer fluid cause its gonna get messy on the road when this stuff starts melting.

More pics to come.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I was there chilling with you. Dad and I just went to Mi Tierra for dinner. People were seated in the outdoor area. It is about 65 here right now (9PM). Not exactly Denver weather. Enjoy.

XXXXX Mother (thought I would use a different signaature for a change) Love You.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home