Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Friday, December 29, 2006

New York Photos


Andrew Cooley and I. He and I met up and went to B&H Electronics (west side, Jewish owned retailer that has electronics down to a cluster funk of a science. It is run by Hasidic Jews in all their yarmuka and lock glory. One thing I noticed in the shopping melee was that I saw only one female employee on the floor. She was assigned as the "thanks for shopping B&H" ambassador. But there were no other women at all on the sales floor working. Hmmm. Andrew is doing great, in the sail rigging business for one of the oldest US sail makers, its a small shop, family owned but he says he has been concerned with longevity, challenge and reaching full potential. So good to see him. Just makes me smile how I recognized him in a ski outfit at Vail last year after not seeing the guy for 10+ years. I guess it is a small world, one community.


Rockefeller Center

Lokking south west from Central Park over an ice rink

Kate Ersly and I

Fifth Avenue

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Pics. Saw on the news that it is still snowing in Denver. Hope you aren't stuck and are able to do some skiing this weekend.

Love Ya,

Mom

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home