Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas vacation breather...

Truth is I have been really lazy and haven't written in my blog so this breather I speak of is one of eye-opening excitement. I am flying to chicago in about 2 hours to see Andrew Juedes, Tim Walters and some other Dension folks. I have been in Louisville and have seen lots of family and friends this past week after 3 days in New York. I saw, Ed and Shirley Dumesnil, Danny, Janice and Kobe (spelled right?), Josh and Caroline Jevne, my parents and grand parents, the Whitty's (John, Laura and Arra), Allen Bush(Uncle Al) and Aunt Betty. So good to see all these folks.

I always refer to Thanksgiving and Christmas as holidays of glut. We sure are fortunate to be able to have all that we have. I am so flipping stuffed from eating so well all week, I actually think I have had a couple of out of body experiences during over-contentness or it was just a wicked case of food coma.

I have lots of photos to post from New York and Louisville and will get them up once I am back in Denver.

I lost a friend in Kansas City just before the holiday. Jim Howard was inspiring, level headed, witty, funny, really real and always there if I need someone to talk to... he passed sober in his sleep at the mercy of Lou Gehrigs(sp?) dissease. The world is minus one on the good guy team with him gone, but I will never forget him. One of the best men I have ever known, godspeed Jim.

That's about it for now... New Year's right around the corner and I am looking for something fun to do, soliciting ideas.

Best and Be Safe,
Joe

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great Christmas Joe! Have fun in Chicago and I'll see you back in Denver. Safe travels to you in your adventure back.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joseph,

It was so nice to spend time with you in Louisville. I have been showing everyone my photo album. It is a wonderful gift. Thank you. (By the way Arra is spelled like this).

So sorry about your friend. You mentioned him before the Holidays and I am glad you were able to spend some time with him.

Miss you already. Hope you got settled in back in Denver before the prdicted storm hits.

Love You,
Mom

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

Great to see you, if only briefly. You're looking great. Glad you survived 1st semester and Colorado snow.

Uncle Al

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home