Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Computer Crash, Dog Agility and Single Digits

I have been rebuilding my computer for the past couple of days. Picking up the pieces, installing, re-installing, cursing, attempting to refrain from physical demonstration of my frustration, you know all the mellow life is easy stuff. In a narrow and all out clash of the titans battle I am please to announce Joe - 1.000001, Computer - 1.000000, close but vistorious. In a way it was god sent, now it is updated, back-ed up and ready for another year of use till it crashes again. So in the meantime its smooth sailing. (fingers AND TOES crossed). Also, thinking about doing the upgrade to Vista, so if you have comments, let me know, I want to hear.

I had the pleasure of checking out the Super Dogs - Dog Agility Show at the National Western Stock Show on Tuesday night with Joe McCool (friend and accomplice to many shenanigans), Dawn Sims (HAL recruiter that replaced me and it carrying the touch with much more grace than I and diamond in rough) and Merrill Mann (long time friend in Denver who has always been there when I needed someone, also partner in crime and crime fighting).


Anyway the show was great... very high energy, lots of cheering and the dogs were amazing. They had a bull dog that was the comedian of the show, knocking barrels over and acting the tough guy,; he was named PotRoast. There was a mini greyhound named Zing that was lighting fast. in the jumping contest, he won by jumping a fence that was at least 5.5 feet high. They had a great dane that was some how able to fit through the tunnels on the course that all the other dogs were going through. There were all walks of dogs, it was fun. The announcers were part of the show too, as they dawned, bright, shiny blue and silver suits that draped them. I think they might be "partners" if you know what I mean. They did a great job of getting the crowd involved, they had us cheering those dogs on at the top of our lungs. I would definitely go again; dogs are just cool like that.

I have plans to go back to the National Western one more time this weekend with 10 other folks for the Pro-Rodeo on Saturday night. Should be a fun crew, good mix; so more photos to come.

Maybe it'll warm up some for it... but the forecast shows snow, AGAIN, for this weekend. Seriously, this has been the coldest and longest duration of cold I think I have endure in Denver since I moved here in 2000. I mean yeah, its no Rock Springs, but this is getting kind of weird. It has been in the low teens and single digits (sometimes negative) at night since i got home on the 28th of December. Crazy really, I mean how the hell is a guy to keep his golf game and skiing in check when he can't do both in the same day. What the hell ;).

I miss those of you in France and might try to take a trip over there this summer to see ya'll. A lady friend and I have been entertaining the idea at least. I hope all is well, classes are interesting and Paris is energizing your passion for life.

My new place in Golden is great, finally starting to feel settled kind of, still trying to find the semester's rhythm though as we are only in week 2 of classes. My roommate, Jeanette, is super cool and we seem to work/live well together. She has tons to talk about seeing as she is very traveled, from another country and just as floored as i am to be back in school full time after being industry for a number of years.


All in all, life is good with me and sincerely hope the same for you who are reading this.

Best,
Joe

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures as well as the stories of Dog Show, etc. Wish I could have been there. I still miss Gruffy and Taylor all of the time.

Hope you have a great weekend and stay warm.

XXX Mom

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home