Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Monday, April 23, 2007

Early Exam Week, Gov Snub, Trip Out East (US that is)

So I have 2 exams this Friday but that's all on the exam taking front. I have a paper that is due next Monday and then this semester is sign sealed and delivered. It kind of snuck up on me, seeing I there have been some super ups and some pretty low downs for me this semester. Still I maintain that I am the luckiest, most blest, spoiled little boy in the whole school. Really the ups and down are a construct of my own… my apologies if you got to hear about one of the downs, please next time remind me I am the luckiest guy on planet earth. I am not as stressed as last semester this time, probably because I have 3 less exams. The paper that I need to turn is in is pretty interesting…. Well to me at least… it has been fun to write, should be fun to finish. <<<<<<WARNING SKIP TO NEXT PARAGRAPH IF ECONOMICS IS TOTALLY BORING TO YOU--- TRUST ME >>>>>>>> On that note: QUESTION: if comparing yearly exploration expenditures relative to average price for the year over time …… wait let me be exact here, start over. Let's say onshore domestic oil expenditure relative to average price of Brent per barrel for the year yields some ration and I and I want to compare that changing ratio over time with let's say, natural gas onshore domestic expenditures relative to Henry Hub price per mcf (we would hope to show cross price activity levels reflected and some example of a rate of product transformation, either from gas to oil or vice versa) WOUL D YOU ADJUST THE PRICE AND EXPENDITURES TO REFLECT REAL 2006 DOLLARS? I don't know… would you. My guess is that this would dampen any signatures of change a bit and just being manipulating something that doesn't require manipulating b/c the ratio is static in time… BUT we are looking at dollars over time and in order to make any quantifiable conclusions one have to pick a side and be able to defend the choice, I could see many of my peers picking the real dollars so as to have time in perspective of today's dollars…. I don't know. What would you do?

Moving along, the Government Sponsored Critical Language Scholarship that I applied for did not come through… which is kind of a bummer, but like I said earlier, most spoiled rotten little boy on earth… there are lots of other options for summer and plenty of time to sort that stuff out.

I am really looking forward to an end of semester celebratory jaunt back east… Thursday of next week I should be en-route with my cracked windshield and audio books with Carolina on my mind and a wedding of 2 of my closest friends from college. BUT SERIOUSLY WHO IS GONNA TELL THE TRUTH HERE…….. ok I will.

Damien and Abby: Abby from the Crawford Halls and our first days of college I remember nothing but great memories. Steely Dan and Grateful Dead into the late night study hours or slightly saucy jabberwocky session on Venditouli's and Johnny's room on second with Adam Bouchet Friedman coughing up a lung next door, while Bryan or whoever that whack job roommate of his was that like to black out, get arrested and soil himself ;lay in bed passed out with fluorescent overhead lights on, Pink Floyd Mettle playing tripily and Adam chiming in with a cough or a cackle (note to all your moms and dads out there… you should be thankful… we were Kosher compared to this kid, speaking of Adam's roommate, not Adam of course). Then second semester when I met the Man, Damien, years later dubbed "Stamien". I only met him because I pledged a fraternity, mind you the best pledge class of the best fraternity I could have ever seen myself joining. And each one of us was a character in his own right especially you Damien. The reserved witty comment in think Boston accent for exactly the right time to let everyone know… you aren't back, no, no, no, you been here the whole time!!! And your unrelenting and I'll say it, quite admirable performance Senior year with regard to working out, hitting the books and finishing what you started triumphantly with pride while many of us layed off the afterburners and me imparticularly reminding everyone while 3 sheets to the wind that "D" well "D" was for "Diploma". I just didn't think Chavez would take me so literally. All of us we grew, we groped, we eventually graduated... BUT and I put my foot down here. You 2, Damien and Abby, better not think for one second that you had any of us fooled for that senior year, all sneaky about where you were, disappearing to Mulberry (maybe I shouldn't be talking: collar… getting…. Tight…uhum), no pda, less raging, more homework/books. I mean YES, Jackson and I were taking double Beam and Coke to the wood working shop with that Zellwegger-esque Dutch teacher for Sculpture I Class at noon 3 days a week, and yes I had focused my efforts on corrupting Griz and making out late night with the hostess from Brews in the living room while ya'll slept, but DON'T THINK FOR A MINUTE THAT WE WEREN'T ON TO THIS WHOLE THING FROM THE GET GO. OK…..?

The beautiful thing about it all… is that it lasted … and we will get a chance to celebrate that love ….. and all the experiences that brought us…. more importantly you two….. to this point in time and to this outward sign of commitment to one another…. in less than 2 weeks with you. E-cheers to that… (and if you weren't nervous yet… anyway)

I should be studying… ciao for now!

And special thanks to Chile Bean for the Manjar and the bags we like and really most importantly the super thoughtful and oh-so-touching card… you made my week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home