Joe's School (ex-Travel) Diary

This blog is a mish-mash of experiences that I have had since its inception. Orignally, it allowed me to stay in communication while overseas summer 2006 with family and friends. Now it survives as just a pulse of what happening with me and since I am back in school full time now, there isn't as much travel. Still, read, laugh, share, comment, suggest and give me the link to your blog so I can check it out. Thanks For Reading, Joe Dumesnil

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Trip Back East

Denver > Philly > Louisville > Columbus > Richmond > Hilton Head / Bluffton > Jacksonville > Memphis (Graceland) > OKC > Denver

Philly: Damien and Abby's Wedding, great turn out of old friends, golf the day of the wedding made for an afternoon nap that extended through the wedding though. Phil had a mild alcohol induced siezure before my eyes at 2:30 in the morning; he was talking, then staring silently mid sentence and then started talking right where he left off after about 30 seconds of silence. Phil – REST!

Columbus: Christy, so good to see you. Congrats on 5 years. When are you coming out to see CO. Justin Harmon is doing well and selling pimped out Airstreams. I need to get him some info on Betrand and Cournot price and quantity strategies. I tried to convince him to loan me one to goto Burning Man. C'mon that would be a great marketing opportunity. Dr. Frolking is still teahcing up a storm at Denison. Mike Frazier tells me he is headed to retirement.

Richmond: Mike Grizzard is doing great. Mike was my roomate senoir year with Damien and Josh in Stone at Denison. He works for a small fund management firm that sounds like very cool new venture growth opportunity. Sounds like he might try and get back into school to chase an MBA. Had a chance to meet his brother, really cool guy with some temporary driving restrictions if you know what I mean, so all of us got along pretty well since we all think alike.

HHI/Bluffton: Caught a lot while there: a lot of sharks, bass, sleep, rest, food, parental company and good southern hospitality.

Jacksonville: Kelly Sewell is living well and doing something she loves (most of the time). Kelly's attention to detail makes her the on to comb through fine print in all the Private Equity and ETF contracts that Raymond James' somewhat light, quick and elite small bank investment group. I've decided I want to hire her away from that at some point and see if she can help me in contract analysis and management in oil and gas. Kelly, thanks for a wonderful visit in JAX. I hope South Africa was amazing and I hope to see you again soon, you Southern Belle you.

Memphis, Graceland: I stayed at the days and in Memphis, directly across from Graceland, Elvis's Mansion. I want to go back to try and go for a swim in his pool, but I need someone to go with me cause I really don't want to get arrested by myself. The swimming pool was in the shape of a guitar.

Oklahoma City: I visited Jenny and her parents for 4 days. We had a blast. We went to the Zoo, played golf with her paprents and took the Grandparents along to watch. Her Grandpa makes the best bread and wrote a book on Pressure Vessels, that is still used as a reference book for the oil and gas industry today. Jenny's family was so open and inviting, I was blown away. They were also so proud, caring and well wishing for their "Cunci", especially Grandma. Eva and Dan, Jenny's parents, have a beautiful house on the fringe of OKC in a great area of town. I loved sitting on their patio in the their backyard in the eveing just chatting away, puffing on an Avo Uvezian cigar. Eva is apparently an allstar commercial real estate broker with CBRE and Dan, Jenny's dad is the guru behind the scenes, orchestrating everything from financing, to the publishing company for Grandpa's book, to finessing one fo the best chilli recipes I have ever tasted. I can't wait to see them and spend more time with them again.

Then Back to Denver: See the more recent post with that update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home